Spring Is Officially Here!
Spring is officially here! The wonderful change in weather brings more opportunities to be active outdoors with your family and friends.
Spring can also be like a fresh start on things you need to work on for your health, diet and exercise. Re-evaluate goals you had when you started your weight loss journey and pat yourself on the back for the ones you have reached. For the ones you have not, write them down again along with milestones to get to those goals.
Here are some ideas to get you outside and active:
- Go for a hike. It doesn’t matter if it’s a short or long hike. Get your blood pumping by taking on a hill or two.
- Join an intermural sports league. Is there a sport that you really enjoy? Check out your local intermural leagues. It’s a great way to get in your exercise each week and you can make new friends and connections.
- Visit your nearest park. Pack a lunch and walk around. Take your kids and the dog!
- Hit your local farmers market. You can shop for fresh, local produce and goods as you exercise.
- Sign up for a 5k with a friend. Don’t worry about how slow or fast you complete it.
- Grow a garden. Gardening is hard work but the fruits of your labor are worth the effort.
- Swimming is a great form of exercise with low stress on your joints. If you don’t have a pool, don’t worry. Visit your neighborhood pool or check out one at your local gym.